[Mnbird] Wilkin County / Cass County - August 18, 2017

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Fri Aug 18 22:39:47 CDT 2017

8/18/2017

While leading the MRVAC field trip to Western Minnesota, our group spent the day in Wilkin County.  I followed the trip, heading into Cass County.

Wilkin County
Breckenridge WTP
Least, Pectoral and Spotted Sandpiper.
Lesser & Greater Yellowlegs
Red-necked Phalarope
Black Tern
Western Kingbird

Brown WPA
Red-necked Phalarope
Olive-sided Flycatcher

Other species
Great-crested Flycatcher
Black-and-white, Tennessee, Common Yellowthroat, American Redstart, Yellow, Canada & Wilson’s Warblers.
Field Sparrow
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Dickcissel
Bobolink
Orchard & Baltimore Oriole

Cass County
6:20 pm – 6:45 pm
Thanks to a call from Ron Erpelding, I was able to relocate some Red Crossbills that he observed in SW Cass County today.
Red Crossbill – These were observed at the Clara Lutheran Cemetery, which is located in the NE corner of the intersection of 150 Ave S & 3 St S.  The birds were observed at the top of some of the White Spruce in the South East corner of the Cemetery.

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, Hennepin County
EgrerCMan at msn.com