[Mnbird] Grant & Traverse Counties - 8/17/2017

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Thu Aug 17 23:00:18 CDT 2017

August 17, 2017

While leading a MRVAC field trip today, we were able to relocate some birds of note and found a few of our own.  Here were the species of note observed:

King Rail – Our group observed a juvenile and adult at the previously reported location at the North Ottawa Impoundment in Grant County.
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher – Pine Ridge Park – Grant County
Olive-sided Flycatcher, Black-and-white, American Redstart, Yellow & Canada Warbler
CR 76, just North of MN 117
Red Crossbill – Pine Ridge Park – Grant County
Red Crossbill – Wheaton Cemetery – Corner of US 75 & CR 14 – Traverse County

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, Hennepin County
EgretCMan at msn.com