[Mnbird] Lincoln/Lyon Counties - 4/27/2017

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Fri Apr 28 01:03:53 CDT 2017

4/27/2017

While birding in Lincoln & Lyon Counties today with, Susan & Ken Schumacher and George Lahr.  We were able to relocate the Black-necked Stilt & Marbled Godwits in Lyon county.  Thanks for the previous postings and some help in the field from Bob Dunlap we were able to observe those species and found a few other species of interest in Lincoln and Lyon counties.  Here are a few of those species we observed:

Lincoln County - unless noted otherwise

Waterfowl - 15 species including some Greater Scaup on Perch Lake.

Horned Grebe

Western Grebe - Lyon County - Coon Creek Marsh

Osprey - Norwegian Creek County Park

Swainson's Hawk - Perch Lake - public boat access

Black-necked Stilt - Lyon County - East side of Lone tree Lake

Hudsonian Godwit - East side of CR 1, at Twin Lakes

Marbled Godwit - Lyon County - NW side of Lone Tree Lake

Wilson's Phalarope - Hendricks WTP

Bonaparte's Gull - Perch Lake

Forster's Tern - Driets Lake

Hermit Thrush - Hole-in-the-mountain park

Craig Mandel

Minnetonka, Hennepin County

EgretCMan at msn.com