[Mnbird] FOY sightings northern Anoka county

Pamela Freeman gleskarider at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:06:03 CDT 2017

In my Oak Grove back yard, an open woodland adjacent to a marsh, I saw
yesterday a male Eastern Towhee, beneath our feeders, leisurely scuffling
up seeds here and there. Meanwhile, those pariahs, brown headed cowbirds
are also back.
Sighted over the past weekend were the FOY female RWBB.  They and their
male companions formed a vortex of feathered feeding frenzy that empties my
feeders. I look forward to them hatching their young and looking for
insects rather than seeds.

Yesterday I saw a brown creeper, eponymously moving about a large oak tree.

Pamela
- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.