[Mnbird] Sabine's Gull at Albany Waste Treatment Ponds

Steven & Cynthia Broste frednbugs at comcast.net
Wed Sep 7 09:00:51 CDT 2016

I posted the juvenile Sabine’s Gull on the Minnesota Birding Facebook Page and RBA, but if that doesn’t get to everybody, I am also posting it here.  I saw the bird in the westernmost pond on Sept. 5, and others saw it yesterday and today.  The ponds are just south of I-94 at Albany in Sterns County (go south from the exit under the interstate, take a left at the stop sign, and follow the highway to the first gravel road on the right.  It was the only bird of its kind feeding with a large group of larger Franklin’s Gulls.

Steve Broste