[Mnbird] Any Butterfly Experts Out There?

Brian and Cindy bcdrill at charter.net
Mon Oct 10 08:21:10 CDT 2016

So, I have a monarch chrysalis on a spider plant in my patio screen
room.  I had a late caterpillar in the garden, and I moved it to a
collection of houseplants when it began to move in search of a resting
place.  I knew I was going to begin fall cleanup in the flower bed and
was concerned I would accidentally destroy it if I was unaware where it
ended up.  It is going to transform sometime next week, according to
information I have read--given a 2 week window.  I have read a 10 day
forecast and except for a hard frost predicted Wed. it looks like the
weather will be somewhat mild.  I plan on releasing it, but worry the
frost may have destroyed food sources before it migrates.  Any thoughts?
Cindy in North Mankato

---