[Mnbird] W MN birds

Jim Harkness jimharkness at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 14:35:51 CDT 2016

On a Sunday visit to Salt Lake (Lac Qui Parle County) and Cosmos (and its wonderful sewage ponds!), we saw 53 species, including over a thousand Snow Geese (and about 500 Greater White Fronted Geese) and two Ross' Geese in a field just outside of Cosmos.
Note: South Dakota has a Snow Goose hunting season and Salt Lake is on the border, so two hapless hunters on the SD side scared all the waterfowl right over to us! Better views than we've ever had on the official Salt lake weekend.