[Mnbird] MRVAC - Central Minnesota Birding Days - 6/9, 10/16 - Field Trip Summary

CRAIG MANDEL egretcman at msn.com
Sat Jun 11 11:45:49 CDT 2016

June 9, 10, 2016

Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter
Central Minnesota Birding Days
Field Trip Summary

With the help of Herb Dingmann, our group managed to find 123 species over the two days.  We birded in Benton county on the 9th and Stearns county on the 10th.  Other than a few species of Waterfowl and some Semipalmated Sandpipers, migration was pretty well done.  With all the other species in appropriate habitat for nesting.

Here are a few of the species observed on the trip:
Red-shouldered Hawk - Benton County - 85th St NW, just East of CR 55
Semipalmated Sandpiper - Stearns County - Albany WTP
Wilson's Phalarope - Stearns County - Albany WTP
Alder Flycatcher - Benton County - Sartell WMA
                                 Stearns - Roscoe Prairie WMA
Willow Flycatcher - Stearns - Roscoe Prairie WMA
Western Kingbird - Both Counties
Red-breasted Nuthatch - Stearns County - St. John's College Campus
Wood Thrush - Benton County
Golden-winged Warbler - Benton County - CR 72, 1/2 mile North of CR 22
Cerulean Warbler - Stearns County - St. John's College Campus
Pine Warbler - Stearns County - St. John's College Campus
Lark Sparrow - Stearns County
Orchard Oriole - Stearns County - St. Johns College, along trail on East side of entrance road, just South of the Board walk.

Craig Mandel
EgretCMan at msn.com
Minnetonka, Hennepin County