[Mnbird] Feeder Interaction

Brian and Cindy bcdrill at charter.net
Thu Jun 9 06:47:13 CDT 2016

Watching the bird feeder while washing dishes this morning I saw a
chipping sparrow and a catbird chasing each other about. My first
thought was that the catbird was driving the chipping sparrow away from
its nest in the neighbors shrubs.  However, the catbird retreated and I
realized the sparrow was the aggressor! Once the catbird had gone, the
sparrow returned to the feeder--and continued to bring food to its
'baby'--a cowbird 3 times its size!! Cindy in North Mankato

---