[Mnbird] Duluth area birding 1/15-16/2016

CRAIG MANDEL egretcman at msn.com
Sat Jan 16 22:36:06 CST 2016

January 15, 16, 2016

While up birding on Friday and leading an MBW group on Saturday we had the good fortune to see the following species.

While we missed the Ivory Gull by about 15 minutes on Friday, we were able to see one of the Black-legged Kittiwakes this afternoon.
Gulls observed at Canal Park:
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Thayer's Gull
Iceland Gull
Glaucous Gull
Black-legged Kittiwake - 3:30 pm - One of the Black-legged Kittiwakes were observed in flight over lake Superior.  The bird was observed from parking area at Canal Park.
Snowy Owl - Wisconsin - Near the Menards on Tower Ave.
Gyrfalcon - Wisconsin - Peavey Grain elevator on Connors point. Observed on Friday and Saturday around 3:00 pm.
Golden-crowned Sparrow - 7:25 am - Saturday - Continuing bird at 44th Avenue East and Regent Street.

Craig Mandel
EgretCMan at msn.com
Minnetonka, Hennepin County