[Mnbird] Spring is coming!

Jim Ryan muchmoredoc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 19:13:14 CST 2016

I stumbled into a sizable flock of RED-WINGED BLACKBIRDS today. There were
about 60 males and 3 females! Also joining them were a handful of
Starlings.

This is by far the earliest I have seen them in numbers. My own previous
personal FOY sighting of RWBL was March 19th, so this smashes that record.
I also find it amazing that several females were also present.

The blackbirds were found on the border of *Anoka and Washington Counties,
near Hugo.* I was at the corner of Elmcrest and 170th St.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Vadnais Heights
----

Measure yourself by your best moments, not by your worst. We are too prone
to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression.- Robert
Johnson
<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/robert_johnson_quotes.html>

<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/robert_johnson_quotes.html>Courage
can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway.- Mignon McLaughlin
<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/mignon_mclaughlin_quotes.html>
----