[Mnbird] hawk tiff in Minneapolis

Susan Kennedy smkennedy_mn at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 03:37:04 CST 2016

  Wednesday I was at the intersection of Nicollet and 28th Street in Mpls about 4 pm, when I saw three hawks flying low.  Two of them were jostling each other, and the third was flying very near them.  I saw them only for about 2 seconds before they disappeared, so I don't know what species, but the two that I know are in the area are red tailed hawks and Cooper's hawks.  I am guessing this was either some kind of territory dispute, or a dispute about mates.  Interesting stuff.
Susan Kennedy