[Mnbird] Late breeding for box-nesting birds this year?

Sarah Knutie saknutie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 08:48:44 CDT 2016

Hi Minnesotans!

I'm studying box-nesting birds and their parasites in northern Minnesota
this summer.  It sounds like Spring is coming late this year (I'm living in
Florida but I heard from my parents who still live in Duluth).  If you have
nest boxes on your property that you monitor, would you mind sending me a
message when you start to see nest building of bluebirds, tree swallows,
wrens, or chickadees?  My plan was to head up there May 9th but I have a
feeling breeding will be a bit later that this year!

Thanks for any insight!
Sarah

--
Sarah A. Knutie, PhD