[Mnbird] Bizarre mallard incident

deanne.endrizzi at juno.com deanne.endrizzi at juno.com
Thu Apr 7 17:20:44 CDT 2016

I usually get calls like this at work, but this afternoon my sister-in-law called me and said she had a duck in a tree crying because her nest fell. I logically thought wood duck, but their nests usually wouldn't fall unless the whole or part of the tree came down. She said no, it's a stick nest and eight eggs have fallen and one is still okay. She wanted to save it.

I asked her what the duck looked like and she said it was brown and quacking.  I knew that wasn't a wood duck, but I didn't expect a mallard to be likely in a tree. I told her I would come over since she only lives a mile away from me in Burnsville. I arrived a minute later and sure enough it was a mallard high in a tree and her nest did fall out of the tree. It was maybe an old Cooper's hawk nest. We wired up a basket and put the one lone egg in it. I agreed we could do this (just to make my sister-in-law feel better). The mallard did come back, stood under the tree and still quacked like crazy.  I highly doubt she'll use the basket, but stranger things have happened. Deanne EndrizziBurnsvilleDakota Cty.
Wall Street Daily
Peter Schiff: China Just Armed its Financial Missile
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5706dd82d46335d8245cest02duc