[Mnbird] Eagle

DONALD GRUSSING Owner cdrussin at centurylink.net
Thu Apr 7 15:01:46 CDT 2016

What's more important, the bird or the photo?

A bald eagle slowed traffic on Lake St. Extension in Minnetonka yesterday as it waited in a tree for the opportunity to scavenge a road killed cottontail. One man pulled to the side of the road, got out of his Buick and walked to a few locations taking photo after photo of the bird. He was there a long time. I live there, so I opened the door and told him that his presence was keeping the eagle from dropping to the road and picking up the food source. I figured either the eagle needs it, or eaglets in the nest.

The guy looked at me and said," I don't want it to leave the tree." He was more interested in his pictures than the welfare of the eagle.
The bird flew off. It was about 7:20 pm. Later that evening the bunny was gone. Don't know if the eagle came back or some coyote picked it up. Enclosed is a photo my neighbor took. He was only outside a few minutes to get this shot.

Don Grussing
Minnetonka