[Mnbird] Bass Ponds/Old 77 Bridge/Hennepin Co.

dan&erika danerika at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:10:43 CST 2015

Hi All—

For the first time in a long while, Erika and I walked yesterday from the
Bass Ponds to the Old Hwy 77 Bridge.  We were astounded by the habitat
destruction between the current 77 bridge and the old one. This will no
longer be a place to search for migrating warblers.

Highlights of our walk:

An American White Pelican with a very wounded wing in open water near the
shore just downstream from the new 77 bridge.

A Belted Kingfisher and a Northern Shrike in the open pond area where the
Old 77 parking lot used to be.

About a dozen Hooded Mergansers and a pair of Wood Ducks in the open Bass
Pond.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota
danerika at gmail.com

http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet...Beware of all enterprises that
require new clothes ....”—H. D. Thoreau