[Mnbird] Northern Oriole and Rose-breasted Grosbeak

PATRICIA PAGEL Owner jppagel at centurylink.net
Wed May 6 18:09:54 CDT 2015

First of the spring today in my yard.  Lovely to see and hear them!
Whitewater WMA yesterday:  They have drained the first pond as you enter from HWY 61.  This is where I usually see Black Terns so will most likely miss them this year.  Still Yellow-headed Blackbirds, Sora, Swamp Sparrows, Belted Kingfisher, 5 Trumpeter Swans - 3 in one pond and 2 in another, n oisy Sandhill Cranes, loads of Canada Goose goslings, Eastern Towhees heard in several locations.  Oh, and Grasshopper Sparrows are back in the sand prairie (Kellog/Weaver Dunes).

Pat Pagel
Wabasha, MN