[Mnbird] White grackle, Mpls.

Betsy Kerr bjkerr at umn.edu
Wed Jun 24 11:13:22 CDT 2015

I've just seen what I'm assuming must be a leucistic Common Grackle.
(Sorry, I don't have a fancy phone that takes pictures!)  It was the shape
and size of a grackle and a Common Grackle was very close.  The bird in
question was all white with some light tan highlights in several places.
It was spotted on Main St. at St. Anthony Main (near the Stone Arch Bridge)
at about 10:45 a.m. this morning (Wed.). Couldn't miss this white bird
flying across the street just in front of my car!

Betsy Kerr
Associate Professor
Department of French & Italian
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities