[Mnbird] Tropical Kingbird - 7/4/15 update

CRAIG MANDEL egretcman at msn.com
Sat Jul 4 21:40:58 CDT 2015

7/4/2015

Karol Gresser and I were treated to a great show by the Tropical Kingbird this evening.  We were able to observe the bird from 6:36 to 7:30 PM.  The Tropical Kingbird spent most of the time in the large Cottonwood tree to the Northeast of trail markers number 36.  We observed it catch at least a dozen insects.  In between catching insects, it spent a lot of time preening.  On a couple occasions it also landed in the leafless tree right next to the trail for some up close looks.

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, Hennepin County
EgretCMan at msn.com