[Mnbird] As a SE MN resident, I used to be a member of this organization and paid and took lots of their excellentfield trips. Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin is offering an upcoming Snowy Owl opportunity. Public sign-up starts >>Feb. 2<< Or, this gives ideas to plan a trip on your own. :)

Lisa lisapbia at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 21:50:56 CST 2015

| It's a new year, and a new beginning for the annual Great Wisconsin Birdathon! To kick off the Great Wisconsin Birdathon 2015, the Natural Resources Foundation is pleased to give you the first opportunity to reserve a spot on one of two special Birdathon trips to view snowy owls. They are visiting in record numbers this year, and your chances of seeing one are better than ever. Our trip leaders will guide you to areas that have hosted a number of snowies this winter and will talk about snowy owl ecology and what makes them so special. Your $50 tax-deductible registration fee will go directly to the Bird Protection Fund to safeguard Wisconsin's birds. Trips will be limited to 15 people, so reserve your spot by calling Diane Packett, Great Wisconsin Birdathon coordinator, at 920-219-2587. To guarantee your reservation, please send your check payable to the Natural Resources Foundation, PO Box 2317, Madison, Wisconsin, 53701-2317. Please write "Snowy Owl Trip" on the memo line of your check. |

| We'll be opening this opportunity up to the general public starting Monday, Feb. 2, so book your spot today!  Horicon MarshSaturday, Feb. 7 at 2 p.m.Leader: Jeff Bahls
Meet at 2 p.m. at the Horicon Marsh Education and Visitor Center, N7725 Hwy 28, where we will start off with a quick background about snowy owls. From there we will car caravan out to some likely areas and try to observe them. If we spot snowy owls before dark, we will look for other owls and raptors, until evening light leaves us. Either way, you should become much more familiar with this Wetland of International Importance. We can supply binoculars if you don't have them. Collins Marsh Saturday Feb. 21, 4 p.m.Leaders: Joel Trick and Charles Sontag We'll meet at the parking lot near the south end of Collins Marsh State Wildlife Area, about ½ mile east of the junction of County JJ and County W in Collins, here. We will scope birds on the ground first and talk about snowy owls and why they are here this winter. Birds should be perched on poles for their evening hunting about half an hour before sunset, allowing good views and photographs. The Great Wisconsin Birdathon is the springtime celebration of Wisconsin's birds in which participants count as many birds as possible in a day, raising funds for eight priority bird protection projects. |

|  |

| Looking forward to seeing you out there, |