[Mnbird] Rice County - 1/15/15

CRAIG MANDEL egretcman at msn.com
Thu Jan 15 21:54:26 CST 2015

1/15/15

Mark and I finished the afternoon in Rice county, where we were able to relocate the following species:

Eurasian Collared-Dove - These were observed at the grain storage bins in the town of Dennison.  The birds were observed on the ground in Goodhue county, by the grain storage bins and in flight in Rice county West of the grain storage bins.

Snowy Owl - An Immature female Snowy Owl was spotted by Mark, sitting on the ground about 100 yards South of 190th St E, about 1/4 mile to the East of Kane Ave.

Red-headed Woodpecker - One was observed at the entrance to Nerstrand Big Woods State Park.

American Kestrel

Horned Lark

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, Hennepin County