[Mnbird] [mou-rba] Rare thrushes in Blue Earth County

CRAIG MANDEL egretcman at msn.com
Thu Jan 15 21:19:56 CST 2015

1/15/15

Mark Junghans and I were able to observe the previously reported Varied Thrush in Blue Earth county this morning.  Thanks to Chad for the original posting and the home owners for giving us a chance to see this Varied Thrush.  The bird was observed at 7:30 am, 8:15 am and again around noon.

We also tried unsuccessfully for the nearby Townsend's Solitaire, but did see a Rough-legged Hawk along CR 9, just West of Highway 60.

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, Hennepin County
EgretCMan at msn.com