[Mnbird] Goldfinch numbers Wayzata, Hennepin county

Paul Wicklund p.wicklund at mchsi.com
Mon Jan 12 14:51:00 CST 2015

We have had good numbers of goldfinch this winter, often as many as 20-25. They have preferred shelled sunflower to Niger and make regular use of the heated birdbath.
Juncos join them on the feeders, but also feed on the millet I spread on the ground. Does anyone have an inexpensive source for millet? I've found that it keeps the squirrels busy also, but the 5-6 that are regulars vacuum it up quickly!
Jan Wicklund

Sent from my iPad