[Mnbird] white spot sparrow

heather keena birdwing at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 21:30:26 CST 2015

Maybe others have noticed this kind of thing but this winter for the 4th year I’m noticing a returning House Sparrow at our feeders.
He has about a quarter sized white spot on the right side of his back towards the top of his tail.
It’s interesting just because even though I guess I assume that there are a group of critters who live nearby and come to our yard..this guy proves it. So if there are 30 sparrows at our feeder he is there. He’s here in the spring, summer and fall too. Ever since I first saw him, and he threw me for a loop for a minute as to what he was..he’s just our white spot sparrow. My husband has a blonde piece on the back of his dark haired head, just about a 2" spot, a birth mark. Anyway, It’s easy to think of the sparrows as a ‘crowd’ especially in the winter..so I always like to see our white spot sparrow.