[Mnbird] Owl

Brian and Cindy bcdrill at charter.net
Tue Dec 8 05:55:21 CST 2015

Good morning.  While we have seen evidence of owl in our neighborhood
over the years, we have yet to see one.  We came one step closer last
night when I came outside around 7 pm and heard one calling from the
walnut tree in our back yard neighbors yard.  I had my husband come
listen, and we notified our next door neighbor to come and listen as
well!  When we came back in the house, we realized the sound carried
enough that we could even hear it IN the house through the closed
windows in the rear rooms.  It was likely a Great Horned, from the depth
of the 'whooo, whoo' call.  Anxiously hoping this will return and
perhaps we'll actually be able to see it some time!  Cindy in North Mankato.

---