[Mnbird] Anne Marie Plunkett--obituary and remembrance walk

Lance Vrieze vriez001 at umn.edu
Wed Aug 26 23:17:38 CDT 2015

Anne Marie Plunkett passed away July 18. She was an active Minnesota birder
in the 1980s and 90s, especially in the southeastern corner of the state.
She was also an active member of the MOU.

Her obituary can be seen here:

http://www.postbulletin.com/obituaries/anne-marie-plunkett-rochester/article_5a58f65f-5c6e-51b4-a452-1a5472ce3bb5.html

The Zumbro Valley Audubon Society will sponsor a remembrance walk on
September 19 at 9 a.m. at Willow Creek Reservoir (1400 Lone Pine Drive SW,
Rochester (just north of the Rochester Airport)). It is free and open to
all. It is an approximately two mile hike around the reservoir on mowed
paths.

Willow Creek Reservoir was constructed around 1989, and soon after Anne
Marie documented 205 species there in two years' time--quite a list for a
single person in a single location in such a short time. She wrote, "Each
day that I went to the reservoir was like a mini vacation--secure and
peaceful, and never knowing what I might find there."  We'll share some
memories and stories about Anne Marie and see how the birds compare to what
she observed 25 years ago.

Feel free to contact me with any questions about the trip, or if you can't
attend, you may send me memories of Anne Marie to share that day.

Lance Vrieze
Zumbro Valley Audubon field trip committee
Rochester