[Mnbird] Crow behavior/ Interesting bat

Kathy Connelly connellyk at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 2 09:15:58 CDT 2015

This morning at 7:45am, observed two crows in pursuit of a squirrel, one on each flank to control direction, into fast, heavy traffic on the Lyndale spur that leads to Hwy 62 and I 35. I would be interested in a professional's opinion as to whether the crows may have been trying to turn it into roadkill. The squirrel made it safely across.

Also, in addition to the LLB(ats) noted in another post, a much larger bat (flying near little browns, for clear comparison) was observed at the South end of Lake Harriet last night ahead of the storm.  First I've seen in 25+ years of bat-observation near the lakes.  Uncommon?

Kathy Connelly
near Lake Harriet
Hennepin County